Hard to believe, when the water is icing and getting into lake simcoe for scuba dives must wait... but its true! At 4D Diving & Adventures, we're still diving on Mondays, Fridays and we have a Christmas Dive and a New Years Dive scheduled!
Its been a request that we do more pool diving this winter and that's exactly what we have planned!
The events schedule is always your best source for information on details but here is a summary of the types of dives we have going on this winter.
- Courses will be held in the pool in the winter. These sessions must be signed up for, at the store in advance.
- Clinics are held in pools in the winter, these too are to be signed up for, in advice, on the store and are a for fee session.
- Discover scuba sessions. If you know someone that would like to try scuba in the pool, we can do this at almost any pool session, just let us know in advance!
Some other ideas for Winter 2013-2014...
- Surface Marker / Safety Sausage MB
- Underwater hockey
- Ditch and Switch
- Entries and Exits
- Monday night and Friday morning swims.
- Dive movie night (sea hunt, fipper, coral reef adventure, fool's gold)
- Photo Show (members dive photos)
- Games night (reach for the bottom)
- Aquarium of Niagara visit
- Ripley's Aquarium visit
- Florida Cavern Trip
- and more...
Question: How do I get ready for a Caribbean dive trip?
Answer: Come to the pool! Going in the ocean is a big deal if you are not ready. Also for many you will be diving with people (and their skills) that are not known to you. You want to be sure that you are at the top of your game and that you have tuned your diving skills.
Consider booking a DM for a pool session and doing a refresher. It can only help! Also consider getting your gear in for service before heading to the lovely Caribbean waters!